I am in love with quinoa and always get really excited to try and make new things with it. When I found this recipe I just had to try it and it was GREAT!!! I made it when I was home alone and it was quick and easy but also flavorful and filling. I found this bad boy in the Focus T25 nutrition guide and veggie too!
WHAT YOU NEED
¾ C. cooked quinoa
½ med bell pepper finely chopped *any color you want*
4 tsp. Flaxseed
1 Lg. egg * or sub for vegan*
3 C. fresh spinach
* Sea salt and or pepper to taste…
- Combine Cooked Quinoa, bell pepper, flaxseed, salt, pepper and egg in a medium bowl; mix well. Form into two balls and flatten.
- Heat medium skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet; cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through and light golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add spinach to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place spinach on a serving plate; top with patties.
ENJOY! I sure did with a glass ff wine and it was like heaven! Hey, you gotta live a little…or at least I do!
Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories: 298 Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 512mg Carbohydrate: 41g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 3g Protein: 15g